Electrophoretic coating is a coating method for corrosion protection of steel work pieces. Due to the imbalance of control in the production process of cathodic electrophoretic coating, the gloss of the electrophoretic coating film will be deviated. Generally, we use electrophoretic paint to protect and prevent corrosion of aluminum equipment, but sometimes the effect will be affected due to improper preparation of electrophoretic paint or improper operation of process flow. In order to ensure the normal and stable gloss, what should we pay attention to when we are flat?
1. Add electrophoretic paint in strict proportion. Electrophoretic paint on the market is mainly two-component, and color paste and lotion shall be added regularly according to the specified proportion to ensure the stability of the tank liquid structure.
2. Ensure continuous and normal circulation of tank liquid. An electrophoresis tank with poor circulation condition will inevitably lead to pigment deposition, resulting in the imbalance of the ratio of pigment to base, resulting in the increase of glossiness; At the same time, it will also be accompanied by other abnormalities such as particles.
3. Stable control of electrophoresis parameters. Too high or too low film thickness will also affect the glossiness. Generally speaking, the thinner the film thickness, the more dry the film will be, and the glossiness will decrease.
4. Stable control of baking parameters. The higher the baking oven temperature or the longer the time, the lower the gloss of the electrophoretic coating film; On the contrary, the brighter.
5. Products with high requirements for glossiness must be classified and electrophoretic, and workpieces with different thicknesses shall be baked separately, otherwise, either the thick parts are not baked and are exceptionally bright, or the thin parts are baked and have no gloss.
1. Cleaning of electrophoresis tank
Our work process often cleans up the relevant substances in the electrophoresis tank for a period of time. However, if there is no formation rule and the time cycle is long, the concentration of the electrophoresis paint paste will be too high.
2. Color of electrophoretic paint paste
If the color of the electrophoretic paint paste is not well dispersed, there will be abnormal phenomena in the anticorrosive electrophoretic paint, such as large particles of electrophoretic paint pigment, and the problem of pigment coalescence of electrophoretic paint paste will often occur.
3. Crystal structure of electrophoretic paint paste
The internal crystal structure of the electrophoretic paint paste itself will also have an impact on the surface gloss of the electrophoretic paint after coating. For example, the prominent diamond angle of the electrophoretic paint pigment crystal hinders the full leveling of the coating film, which is somewhat specialized. If the diamond angle of the prominent part of these crystals restores its normal length, the pigment crystal will also return to the same size as other particles, It is also good for improving the gloss of electrophoretic paint.